Long Videos Set
6 Hours Of Listening To Comprehensible Russian
This Long Videos Set provides mass listening to real Russian speech made comprehensible with the help of drawings, pictures, gestures and realia.
It's based on the concept of natural approach to language learning that implies a lot of listening to comprehensible and meaningful input and a right to remain silent before speaking.
What you get
- 6 hours of brain soaking in Russian language
- Comprehensible language input
- Real speech - no "fake-text-book" Russian, only useful vocabulary
- Some personal stories of a Russian girl from Moscow, a movie I saw, books and images, an excursion in my apartment
- Pure listening experience focusing on the meaning, no translations, no grammar, no language lessons. No teacher, just me.
Who is it for?
- Everyone who wants to improve listening comprehension of live Russian speech
- Beginners (if you're a zero beginner, I'd recommend to watch my free videos for zero beginners first)
- Intermediate learners who still have problems to understand native Russian speakers and want to pick up some new real-Russian words
- Those who want to improve accent and pronunciation
- Those who want to let the language emerge naturally and to speak without thinking later on
- Those who know that we learn a language by listening first, not by speaking first
- 10 videos of 6 hours total duration, from 12 to 70 min long each.
- Audio version, 10 audio mp3 files
- Focus on the meaning but not on the language. You'll aquire the language understanding words and language logic from the context, not checking them in Google Translate.
- Rewatch many times. Repetition is poweful. Try to rewatch the videos as many times as you can.
- Replay. Sometimes you can relisten instead of rewatching. It's not even necessary to focus on listening. Just have the melody of the language playing.
- Tolerate the ambiguity. Don't try to understand every single word right away from the first time. You'll understand more and more words and phrases every time you rewatch.
- Be happy to have Echo Phrases. Echo Phrases are phrases or words emerging and sounding in your head unintentionally, without any invitation, after mass listening sessions. Some phrases are understood, some are not, it doesn't really matter. Echo Phrases call for repetition. It's your audial memory starting to work. And this is what we want.
- Don't write anything down. Focus on oral language. Audial memory will help you speak more native-like and fluently than visual memory later on. If you have some words that stuck in your head (Echo Phrases) that you'd like to ckeck out later use a voice recorder on your phone instead of writing them down.
1. Lego Man 15 min
A description of a usual morning of the Lego Man from the famous "Lego Movie".
2. The Red Hat 12 min
The plot of the famous kid's story following a book with funny drawings.
3. Comments on The Red Hat 30 min
Free style reading of the same story making fun of the characters.
4. A Morning In A House 16 min
A description of a picture of a family in a house loaded with details.
5. Movie Plot "Mistresses" 47 min
Retelling a stupid Russian comedy I've seen recently.
6. One Story Of A Marriage in Russia. Part 1 48 min
A real story about how to marry a Russian girl overcoming bureaucratic problems in Russia.
7. One Story Of A Marriage in Russia. Part 2 70 min
Numerous bureaucratic problems had no chance to be told in one video session...
8. Moscow - Vladivostok 50 min
Tips on where to buy inexpensive red caviar on the way from Moscow to Vladivostok. A personal story of the 7 days on a Trans-Siberian train.
9. An Excursion in my apartment 35 min
Not typical Moscow apartment. Sorry for camera shaking and dirty dishes! :-)
10. Neighbours' house search 35 min
How my parents had some fun taking part in a neighbours' dacha (house) search.